Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Feeling Girly

For some reason today I am in a very girly mood (completely out of the ordinary for me). I even woke up this morning and curled my hair – somewhat curled it anyway. I always start out with good intentions and then get bored before I even get halfway done. So I decided to curl select pieces and go for a wavy look. This skirt (which I got a JC Penny for $5 – yes that’s $5 not missing any digits!) was the inspiration for my look. I really like the pink tweed look and wanted it to be the star of the outfit. I paired it with a simple cream blouse and taupe pumps with ruffle details.




On a side note – I have been thinking about doing some “themed” days to help bring out the creativity in all of us and help us find different uses for items in our current wardrobe. I thought it would be cool if several other blogs could join in! Just for instance – we could do a decade theme – 60s, 70s, 80s, etc.. Maybe once a month? Any who..,.. let me know what you think!!  Make sure you follow my blog so you can make sure you don’t miss the action and can join in!!
Skirt : JCPenny
Blouse: Maurices
Shoes: Target

10 comments:

  1. I like how you started decorating for xmas already! Great outfit, I really like the color of the skirt :)

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I wish I could say that I just started decorating but that tree has actually been up all year! We took the big tree down but never got around to that one!

      Delete
  2. lovely!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the color of your skirt! I want either a skirt or pants that color. Also shoes and a scarf that color :)

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your skirt is so cute, I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great skirt ($5! Awesome!), and I love your hair strategy - I do the same thing where I get bored and hate doing it, so I like the idea of just doing a few pieces to make it wavy and save time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...