Sunday, April 28, 2013

Brainstorming - Stripped Skirt

 I have been trying to be a smarter shopper these days and this involves not purchasing an item that I cannot pair with multiple items in my own closet. Typically if I am thinking about purchasing something (basic staples not included because I mean they go with everything right?) I will make a list of potential outfits using items in my own closet. If I can't come up with 5 - 10 different ways to wear it then I don't purchase it. I don't want a closet full of items that can only be worn with one thing. I mean what fun is that? Polyvore make it possible to do this same process, but adds visualization to it which makes it much easier to see what an outfit will look like together.


I have been eyeing a stripped skirt like this for a while and have not yet taken the plunge. I don't know why, but in my mind I am set on pairing it with a pink top. Maybe I have seen something similar before, but I can't remember where at. Probably from one of the many awesome blogs I read, but again I am at a loss as to which one it could be?!?! Any who - I used Polyvore to come up with different ways to wear this combination of a stripped skirt and pink top. The stripped skirt would be the only new addition to my wardrobe. While I do not have these exact pieces, I do have similar ones that I could easily recreate these looks with. So now the only decision is whether or not to take the plunge on this type of skirt? Decisions, decisions.. :-)
Brainstorming - Stripped Skirt

Want to try this look? Below is a list of the items I used to create the looks all at budget friendly prices!

Mango coral blouse
$31 - johnlewis.com



ONLY blazer
$53 - zalando.co.uk



Levi s denim jacket
$76 - zalando.co.uk



Dorothy perkin
dorothyperkins.com





Oasis t strap wedge sandal
$85 - oasis-stores.com



Sole Society handbag
solesociety.com



Zipper bag
boohoo.com
 

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Gena! I am honored to have you as a reader!

      Delete
  2. I think the skirt is gorgeous and would be very remixable! I actually just bought a black and white striped skirt last week, but it's a pencil shape instead of the pleated version. I have a feeling I will wear it quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...