Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pink and Floral Prints

Floral is usually a big trend each spring and this year is no exception. I don’t own a lot of floral items, but I have been eying a pair of floral pants at Target. The hubby, Peyton, and I went to Target the other day. They immediately headed to the toy section and I immediately headed to my “toy section” (aka clothing/shoes/accessories). I spotted the pants and immediately fell in love with the print; however, I was not sure if I was willing to jump into a pair of floral pants as my first printed pants purchase. I mean I have long legs and does anyone really want to see that many flowers on one person? I felt like I would send people into an allergy attack if I walked by them. I went to find the hubby to ask his advice and surprisingly he liked them and immediately started searching for my size which they did not have. On the way home I searched Target.com for a pair and found this skirt instead. It is pretty close to the pattern and I really do think I will get tons more wear out of the skirt. I was hoping it would come in so I would be able to style it for this months Third Thursday Threads link up, but unfortunately it has not arrived yet so you will be seeing this amazing top instead.



I found this shirt at JC Penny’s (which has come out with some really cute basic pieces lately at amazing prices!). The print is bright and beautiful and the cut is amazing. Today I styled it so that it is appropriate for corporate meetings at work, but I can’t wait to style it for more casual outings on the weekend!
PS – Don’t forget about the Girls Night Out Linkup tomorrow (Friday, April 19) and the Inspired My Style Linkup will launch on Thursday, April 25. See here for details. Can’t wait to see what you guys come up with!
Inspiration – Third Thursday Threads– April Focus – Florals
Linking up with Work Clothes I Suppose & Mix & Match Fashion

The Outfit:
·         Skirt – Target
·         Top – JC  Penny
·         Blazer – Jcrew
·         Shoes – Jessica Simpson








8 comments:

  1. Popping by from Mix & Match Fashion's link up for today. I love the floral top and your outfit. :)

    fauxionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Misty. I found your blog through Bri Marie's link-up today & I am glad I did. I am now your newest follower & fan, lucky number 21. I am Ada and I am also a Wife & a Mom. I'd love for you to stop by my blog & support me by following me back. Thanks a lot.

    Ohhh and your outfit today is what attracted me to stop by. It is so Elegant head to toe. Love the Hot Pink Blazer with the Bold Floral Top. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The print of your top is so pretty, and looks fabulous with your bright blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blouse and bright blazer!
    I would totally go for the printed pants, but I can understand your reservations.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  5. This look is really cute. I love how you kept the lower half pretty neutral - those nude heels are the perfect color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this top and pink blazer on you! The colors are so fun and pretty!

    Avec Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this look!! And I love those pants & skirt from Target - cannot wait to see the skirt in some future outfits!! Thank you SO much for linking up - I love your blog and am so glad to see it in the link-up list :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit! Such a classic silhouette, but i love the bold print and the bright blazer!

    Emily
    A Devine Life

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...