Friday, April 5, 2013

Cobalt + Grey

Happy Friday! This week has been crazy busy and has flown by. My 18 month old is cutting 6 – yes that’s right – 6 back teeth at once which means lots of fussiness and not a lot of sleep at our house. But that’s ok, because when that sweet boy smiles at me it is completely worth getting up at 2 & 3 & 4 & well you get the idea! Well, let’s move on the fashion aspect of today’s post. I had such an overwhelming response to the post I did for the 5 Day, 5 Way Challenge hosted by Fran & Whitney that featured these J Crew Cobalt Minnie Pants. For those of you that love the idea of bright pants, but want to keep the rest of the outfit simple here is another way to wear them. Here I have toned down the brightness by keeping my upper half in monochromatic greys. This is a way for you to incorporate bright items in your wardrobe without getting too far out of your comfort zone.  Take one bright item and mix it in with neutrals.   

Inspiration Piece: Cobalt Minnie Pants
The Extras:
·         Grey Top – Target
·         Grey Blazer – Kohl’s
·         Flats – JC Penny


 


What is your favorite way to wear a bright pant?
 
 
I love figuring out new ways to wear things I already own. I don’t have a ton of disposable income to put towards my wardrobe, but I do tend to tire of wearing the same thing rather quickly. Remixing what I already have makes things seem new and fresh and doesn’t cost a dime! So – I have decided to challenge myself to remix an article of month (maybe more!) and do a post on the new ways I have come up to wear it and I want you to join in on the fun too! To challenge myself even more I would like for you to help me to decide what article of clothing that will be!

So now for the choices – Leave a comment below telling me which piece you think should be first! Or if you see something in my archives you would like for me to remix I will be happy to do that as well!
 


    
J Crew Minnie Pant



Merona Stripped Dress at Target




Banana Republic Sloan Pant

1 comment:

  1. I love the cobalt blue. I have a pair of aqua blue, but I think the cobalt is good for all seasons!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...