Tuesday, April 30, 2013

How To Wear Sequins During the Day

Sequins are typically reserved for a night time affair; however, it is really easy to pull sequins off during the day and even at work. I wore this on a recent trip to Birmingham, which is three hours away from where I live. I wanted to wear something that would maintain it's shape and not become overly wrinkled on long car drive. My solution? Take a basic formula of jeans and a boyfriend cardigan and add a little visual interest with this sequin detailed top.

What is your go to outfit for long drives when you need to look put together when arriving at your destination?

My personal rules for wearing the during the day:

1 - Wear something with sequin detail and not full blown sequins.

2 - Keep the rest of the outfit basic. Here I added a dark wash jean and black boyfriend cardigan. These basic pieces let the sequin detail be the star of the outfit and keeps the outfit casual. Replacing the cardigan with a black blazer would make this outfit perfect for the office.

3 - Keep accessories to a minimum. I don't want my accessories to compete with my top.

4 - Keep makeup neutral. Again I do this to avoid a competition with my top.

Do you wear sequins during the day? What are your style rules for doing so?

Destination: Doctor's appointment and shopping

Inspiration Piece: Sequin Top - Khol's

The Extras:
  • Jeans - Gap
  • Cardigan - Lauren Conrad - Khol's
  • Shoes - Old
Linking up with Style Elixir


 
                                                  
 
 


 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Misty! I just wanted to let you know that I styled the anchor bracelet that you gave me in today's post! Check it out here:

    http://www.avecamber.blogspot.com/2013/04/style-remix-geometric-pencil-skirt.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...