Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Inspired My Style

When I am doing outfit posts, I typically try to include the “inspiration piece.” This is the particular article of clothing that inspired that day’s outfit. I usually stand in my closet and find one thing that I really want to wear and then pull pieces from my wardrobe to make that happen. I could be drawn to an item for a number of reasons – color, print, wanting to utilize a piece I haven’t worn in awhile, or a necessity to wear a particular item (such as a suit for an upcoming meeting). One of the things I have come to love about blogging is the inspiration I get by reading other blogs. It has encouraged me to step outside of my comfort zone and pair things in completely new ways. Now when I pull my “inspiration piece” I feel like I have so many more options from using the same clothing just by pairing things differently.

So, now I want to see what inspires you! I am so excited to announce Inspired My Style. It will launch on April 25! This will be a link up that will allow you to get your creative juices flowing! A lot of linkups are centered around a particular style (such as Girls Night Out!), but this one will be around whatever your feeling at the moment! Just make sure to include in your post what inspired the outfit. Please make sure to give credit where credit is due as well! If you were inspired by another blogger, make sure to reference them in your post! Inspiration can come from anywhere – a particular print, a magazine, the Internet, a garden, your kids, and so.


Speaking of Girls Night Out, the next link up will be Friday, April 19! This link up is focused on night out apparel. This doesn’t have to be a fancy dress; it could simply be jeans, a hot top, and killer heels. This linkup is important this month; see I really need some inspiration for night out attire. My birthday is next Saturday (April 27) and I am looking for something special to wear. I mean it is my last birthday in my twenties so that does call for a celebration right?! I can’t wait to see all your night out looks and hopefully find that inspiration I need to put together something special for turning 29!

Now for today’s outfit post! It is amazing how a simple blazer can totally transform an outfit! I have a slight obsession with them! Take this dress.... Paired with a black blazer it is perfect for a work meeting. Paired with a white blazer is is perfect for a night out! Which is your favorite?
Inspiration Piece – Pink Dress - Target

The Extras:
·         Blazer – Victoria’s Secret
·         Pumps – Old

Linking up with Style Sessions!




See Details on this outfit here


Details on Linkups:

1.       Follow Balancing A Hectic World on GFC or Bloglovin
2.       Must be a new  or recent blog post
3.       Include a link back to Balancing A Hectic World
4.       Have Fun!!

2 comments:

  1. That pink dress will go with so many different items. I like the 2 different blazers.. I also would try a bright and bold shoe for a fun look. Found you via the Style Elixir linkup! :)
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...