Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tuesday How To: Break Up A Suit

A suit is a good investment piece for anyone working in a corporate environment.  Of course you can wear it together for those big meetings, but you don’t always have to wear it as a suit. You can break the components up and incorporate other articles in your wardrobe. This post is about doing just that. Let’s take the white suit from yesterday’s post (see this link for pictures of it worn as an actual suit) and break the components down. These looks will take you anywhere from the office to a night out on the town!

Inspiration: White Suit – Victoria’s Secret
 
White trouser are a spring/summer staple in my book. These trousers look great when paired with a sheer top and strappy leopard print heels. Perfect for a date out with the hubby or a night on the town your best girlfriends!
The Extras:
 
The blazer adds instant polish to an otherwise simple spring dress. This is perfect for the office or a date! 
The Extras:
  • Dress - Target
  • Belt - Old
  • Pumps - Jessica Simpson
  • Clutch - Old
 
So what is your favorite look? How do you break up a suit?

Linking up with Style Elixir! and The Pleated Poppy, Shanna and Alison!

6 comments:

  1. Both looks are pretty! Please stop by my site at http://mamainheels.com/2013/04/08/giveaway-signature-henri-bracelet-seen-on-celebrities/ when you have some time. I'm giving away a signature bracelet seen on celebrities by Henri Lou.

    xo,
    Janise
    http://MamaInHeels.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide which look I love more! There's something just so perfect about white pants and a black top, but I've also been on the hunt for a (reasonably priced) white blazer for so long.

    Kate @ A Journey in Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blazer with the red dress. A very classic chic look indeed!
    This is a great idea for a post!

    Colour Me Classic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post. Such a great idea. I love both outfits equally as much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been waiting all winter to wear just that outfit. I have a coral dress, white blazer, and nude heels but it's been too cold!

    Aubree
    lookfeelbebest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. First and foremost, I love the entire suit from your previous post!! I have a few suits from Victoria Secret and Express, I just love how they are tailored so beautifully. I like both of the looks that you created. The black and white is my favorite as I'm drawn to black and black/white is so On Trend right now for Spring. Thanks for sharing! Stopping over from Style Sessions.
    -Natasha @ Lovely You
    lovelyyouboutique.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...