I never wear red lipstick, but the other day I thought why not give it a shot. So hear is my "How To" wear it to work and still look polished:
· You want the lip to be the focus so:
*Keep all other makeup to a minimal.
*Keep your hairstyle simple
· If you are going with bright lips, keep your clothing choices simple. You don't want your blouse to be competing for attention. Here I chose a simple navy tunic with just a little detail done in a neutral tan and paired it with white trousers. The lips remain the focus.
· Keep accessories to a minimal. A simple earring and set of gold bangles is all you really need with a bright lip in a professional environment.
· If you want a little something extra with the outfit, I would suggest doing so with your shoes. They are the furthest away from your lips so they will not compete as much. I chose to keep it simple with some bronze shoes that paired back nicely with the detail in the top and earrings.
Inspiration: Red Lips - Mary Kay Lipstick
· Tunic - Old
· White Trousers - Victoria's Secret
· Pumps - Victoria's Secret
· Bangles - Local boutique
· Earrings - old
What are your style rules when it comes to wearing a bright lip?
XOXO --- Misty
PS - If you love the bracelet below see here on how you can win it!
Linking up with Style Sessions!