Tuesday, March 11, 2014

What To Wear For Maternity Pictures







We are having our maternity pictures made this weekend. I am both excited and scared to have them made. We did have them done with our first pregnancy and I ended up loving them; however, it is always scary being photographed at a time when you don't fell beautiful and let me tell you - I don't feel beautiful being pregnant at ALL. I will be 35 weeks when we have our photos done. I have already started swelling and I am getting to that incredibly uncomfortable stage. I have had a hard time deciding what to wear for these pictures. I have been going back and forth between a maxi dress or black pants with a top. A lot of it will depend on the weather. This Alabama weather is crazy this time of the year so you never know what to expect. It will be beautiful one day and crazy cold/rainy the next. I decided to pick out my outfit first since I will be the hardest to dress and then decide on outfits for Alex and Peyton. I would love you input on these choices!

Here are a couple of dresses I have been thinking of wearing. Both of these dresses are from Motherhood Maternity.  I live in a small town so they are the only true maternity store we have. Motherhood Maternity and Target is where 100% of the maternity clothes I have bought have came from. I did receive a few pieces as gifts so I am not sure on the origin of those items.

 
I really like the color of this dress and I love the simple cut of it. I could get tons of use out of it during the remainder of my pregnancy and also after Adison is born. Since I will have to have a C-section, I know I will not want anything tight on my stomach until the incision has completely healed. I have been leaning toward wearing this with either some leopard flats or strappy sandals if the weather permits. I also think this dress would work well with a blazer for the office.

 
I am drawn to this dress for reasons I really don't understand. I am not really sure how flattering the stripes will be on. It is super flattering on the model, but lets face it.. I am not the model. As I mentioned with the red dress above, I do believe that this dress would get tons of use during the rest of my pregnancy and after while I am healing from my surgery. I also believe it would be a cute casual weekend dress for days at the park this summer with the kiddos while I am transitioning into my pre-pregnancy clothes. It could work well for casual Friday at the office as well.
 
I have also been considering wearing a pair of black pants with a top. I feel more comfortable and confident in black pants. I just don't know if they are "special" enough for maternity pictures. I would most likely pair them with a simple sweater such as the ones below. Both of these sweaters are from Motherhood Maternity as well. Like I said, they are the only maternity shop around.
 
 
 
We are having a girl so pink definitely fits the bill. This top just looks so comfortable to me and I think it would be easy to dress up and down. I think it would also be a great transition piece and I can totally see wearing this as a tunic with leggings after the birth.
 
 
 
 
This is the same top as above, just in a different color. I don't know why I keep coming back to leopard, but I do think I would pair this top with black pants and leopard shoes (hopefully wedges if the swelling permits). Black and white is so classic that you can't really go wrong.
 
I am having such a hard time deciding what to wear. I probably won't actually make a decision until Saturday morning when we are getting dressed. I still have to decide how I want to do my hair and makeup as well. I may do another post on this topic later this week. I am really loving the soft romantic makeup looks and soft curls so that may be the route I take.
 

3 comments:

  1. Shop Motherhood's selection of cheap maternity dresses trendy clothes for stylish, affordable maternity fashion for all nine months and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easton Bell Electrical are your Melbourne based electricians, and it is our priority that
    we provide you with a friendly and courteous service while being professional and well

    presented.
    We pride ourselves on being on time and discussing with you what work suits you

    best. And best of all, We Clean Up!Bentleigh

    Electrician

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are having our maternity pictures made this weekend. I am both excited ... amotherhoodmaternity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...