Friday, May 2, 2014

Vintage Inspired Baby Shower

 
 
 
Originally we were not going to have a baby shower; however, our family and close friends really wanted to do something for Adison so we decided to do something small. I found this vintage inspired headband and bloomer set on Zulily and immediately fell in love with it and I wanted to incorporate it into the shower. My mom told me to pick out whatever I wanted and she would make it happen. How sweet was that? Everything turned out perfectly. I wanted a simple vintage inspired theme that would be elegant, but not expensive.
 
The picture above shows my cake and the color scheme. We went with pale pinks, ivories, and white. The cake turned out absolutely beautiful. The booties on the top of the cake were so cute. I still have them in the freezer :-)



This tray was my grandmothers. She is no longer with us, so by using it I felt like we were including her. I found the teacup and saucers at a local thrift shop. We had a florist do the arrangements in them for the decorations. The larger arrangement shown was done in a vase I already own. It was done using silk flowers; however, the smaller ones were done using real flowers.


This was the table set up for gifts. This was before everyone arrived and it become overflowing! We are so blessed to have so many amazing people in our lives that wanted to celebrate the birth of our baby girl!
 
My mom made this diaper cake with an actual headband and tutu. I plan on getting her pictures made in it with she is a little bigger.

 
This is an up close view of the cake. Amy's Cakes, a local baker, did the cake for me and it not only turned out gorgeous, but tasted great as well. Of course the cake was strawberry! 


 
Here is a picture of the headband and bloomer set that I ordered. This was the inspiration for the entire shower!
 
 
 
My sister-in-law made the punch for me. It was a beautiful blush color and tasted amazing! The food was kept to finger foods and fruit. We kept everything simple and it was exactly how I imagined it!
 
 
As I sit here and type this I am holding my beautiful baby girl. She is three weeks old today and I could not be prouder to have her in my arms. I am incredibly blessed to have two amazing kids. I will do a post on her birth in a couple of days! Now that my pregnancy is over I plan to get back to blogging more!
 
Hope everyone has an amazing weekend!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...