Wednesday, July 9, 2014

My 5 Favorite Wardrobe Pieces as a Nursing Mom








Being a nursing mom really limits my wardrobe because I have to plan my clothing around being able to quickly and easily nurse. When Adison wants to eat, she wants to eat right then (what can I say – she is just like her momma!). So in order to keep her happy and the screaming to a minimum, I try wear something that makes it easy to nurse her.
Here are my top 5 favorite items that I have found makes it easy and functional for nursing.

1 – I absolutely love this stripped maxi dress from Target. I know, a maxi dress doesn’t really seem to be a good candidate for being able to quickly nurse; however, this one is perfect! The fit and material allows the sleeves to easily slip off my shoulder (I have one similar to this but couldn’t find the exact image online). I also love how versatile this dress is. I will have more posts coming soon about his dress!
                      
             
 
                                
 
2 – These tanks are also one of my must haves. You can wear it tucked into a pencil skirt with a cardigan for work or with yoga pants for lounging around the house. The latch on the shoulder strap makes nursing super easy!
 
3 – These tees have become a staple in my wardrobe since I have gone back to work. Not only do they come in a multitude of colors, they are inexpensive. I didn’t want to spend a ton of money on new clothes while I am in this transitional phase with my weight so these fit the bill! Also, with a new baby you are going to be spit up on or worse so if these get ruined they can be easily replaced.

 


 
4 – A light weight cardigan has been my sidekick for the past few weeks. I can throw it over the maxi dress (item 1) or wear it over the tank (item 2) with a pencil skirt.

5 – The last thing that is super important when nursing is a supportive bra! I have yet to find one that I am really crazy over (when I do I will update with links). I don’t feel like the ones I have tried really provide enough support which is crucial when the girls start feeling up with milk! I know TMI, but I am being serious! If you are unable to nurse or pump out the milk for a while, they can become really heavy making it hard on your back and making you uncomfortable if you are not supported.
All of the pieces are from Target. They are the perfect pieces to wear while nursing and also are affordable options until I lose all of the baby weight!

Linking up with Style Sessions.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...