Sunday, August 17, 2014

Fit & Healthy Workout Schedule and Dinner Menu



We decided to go out on a little family adventure and went to the zoo. The kids loved it and all of the walking was great exercise! I have been trying to incorporate exercising into something that is fun for the kids particularly on busy weekends. I want them to be active as well and I want to set an example so we have been doing a lot of out door activities while it is nice outside.
 
As for this upcoming week my fitness schedule is as follows:
 
Monday - T25 Speed 2.0 DVD
Tuesday - PiYo Sculpt & Body Attack Class at local gym
Wednesday - T 25 Dynamic Core DVD
Thursday - PiYo Drench DVD & Body Attack class at local gym
Friday - T25 Rip't Circuit
Saturday - PiYo Core DVD
 
The DVD's are typically only 25 - 30 minutes so I can get them in during my lunch break which makes it much easier to adhere to the program!
 
Now on to the good stuff - What's for dinner? Breakfast is usually oatmeal or yogurt and lunch is typically a sandwich or leftovers from dinner. I have been attempting to fix dinner every night. Being a working mom means I don't have a lot of time to cook from start to finish in the afternoons so I have been drawn to crockpot meals. I love throwing everything together in the morning and coming home to a dinner that is almost done! We don't necessarily sit at the table and eat together every single night, but it does tend to draw us together as a family.
 
While I am trying to eat healthy, I do believe that moderation is key. I like to try new recipes weekly to expose my kids to a variety of different flavors. I also try to add in a healthy side vegetable or side salad to balance things out.
 
Monday - Sunday Chicken Dinner in the Crockpot - Recipe Here
Tuesday - Baked Tacos - Recipe Here
Wednesday - Bacon and Cheese Crockpot Potatoes - Recipe Here
Thursday - Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pork Loin with Balsamic Glaze (recipe here) served with green beans and corn on the cob
Friday - Crockpot Pork Chop Dinner - Recipe Here
Saturday - Crockpot Pizza Casserole - Recipe Here
 
 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...