Friday, December 5, 2014

What to Wear: Christmas Parade

All I can say is TGIF! It has been the longest week. My house is a construction zone as we are taking on what I thought was a small remodel project; however, my anxiety levels at the moment are telling me otherwise as I look around and see the mess the construction has caused! And all of this has delayed me putting up my Christmas tree because I don't want to put it up just to have it covered in dust and that is really stressing me out. I want it up for the kids to enjoy. I keep telling myself to just breathe, it will be over soon.

Deep breathes.....

Ok, now on to the fun stuff! I am teaming up with Kate from A Journey in Style again for our "What to Wear" series. Today we are talking about different looks to wear to a Christmas parade.

Here is Kate's look she put together. How much do you love that jacket? Make sure you pop over to her blog to see the details! While you are there check out this post for a great casual winter outfit.


Ok, so to be quite honest, I have not ever been to a Christmas parade. I have been to other parades, but it seems like every year something has come up that keeps me from making it to the local Christmas parade. Well, this year I am going to make it and I couldn't be more excited. I can't wait to take the kids. 

Here is what I am planning on wearing. This look is so classic and so comfortable. You absolutely can't go wrong with plaid layered under a sweater. I added a pretty necklace to dress it up a bit while my flats still keep it pretty casual. Flats are essential for me so I can chase the kids around! It is supposed to be 70 degrees tomorrow here in Alabama so I don't want to wear to many layers I will get hot.

If you wanted to dress this up for a fancier occasion throw on some heels and a blazer and you are ready to go! 
  





Jeans - American Eagle  //  Plaid Tunic - Target  //  Sweater - JCrew  //  Flats - Payless  //  Watch - Old  //  Bracelet - Gift from Friend  //  Necklace - Old

Be sure to check out the first post in our "What to Wear" series to see What to Wear Black Friday Shopping.

Want to see some other casual looks? Check out these posts!



Want to see a similar look to this? Check out Alison's look here. You also have time to sign up for her Winter/Holiday challenge too! I have did the Fall Challenge and can't wait for this one to kick off!

Tomorrow a group of girls I work with will be traveling to Memphis, TN to run the St Jude 5k. A coworker lost her 2 year old daughter to cancer in August so we are going to support her. If you could please say a prayer for not only safe travels and safe running, but for the strength and courage her family needs to make it through the holiday season without their precious Ashlynn. She only walked this Earth for 2 short years, but she will walk in our hearts for a lifetime. She is now in our Heavenly Father's arms.
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet look darl...
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...