Thursday, January 1, 2015

Classics and New Beginnings



Today is the first day of the year. It is a chance to start over, set new goals, and challenge myself to be the best person I can be in all areas of my life. I have always been one to make New Years resolutions, but I have not been one to actually follow through with them. I looked back and wondered why and I realized that it was because I often set goals in EVERY SINGLE AREA OF MY LIFE. I am a perfectionist so those goals were meant to make me perfect in every single area or my life, but guess what - I AM NOT PERFECT. 

I realize now that by giving myself so many areas to work on and setting so many goals at once I was automatically SETTING MYSELF UP FOR FAILURE. It is just overwhelming and not to mention exhausting when you try to "fix" or "improve" everything at once. This year I intend on doing things differently. I will still set resolutions; however, I will only set a few resolutions that will truly improve my quality of life and/or improve my families quality of life. 

With that being said, I do have a "style resolution" for 2015. My goal for 2015 is to really purge my closet and to create a truly functioning wardrobe. I have had trouble really finding my style again after Adison was born so I really want to focus on streamlining my closet and create a wardrobe that truly works for a working mom of two. I know I want to add more classic pieces like the ones in this outfit. I mean you can't go wrong with a red blazer, stripped tee, and skinny jeans right? 

What resolutions are you making for 2015?




Blazer - J Crew Factory - Old  //  Pumps - Target  //  Tee - Target  //  Jeans - American Eagle

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...