Sunday, January 25, 2015

Milestones and New Adventures

I haven't worn this coat in so long. Well I guess two years ago was the last time I wore it because I was pregnant last year. A couple of weeks ago we had a cold spell here in Alabama and I was searching for something warm to wear over my work clothes. I kept overlooking this coat because well I just did not think there would be any way it would fit yet (I have not returned to my normal weight yet). After nearly an hour of trying things on, I finally caved and decided to put it on. I thought that MABYE just MAYBE I could put it on and wear it unbuttoned (I NEVER imagined it would button).

But guess what? IT DID BUTTON. 

I was so shocked and amazed that I just stood and starred at the mirror in utter disbelief. The scale still says that I am still a ways from reaching my goal, but you  know what - I AM CLOSE. 

Buttoning this coat was a milestone for me. It symbolized that I am headed somewhere and that somewhere is in the right direction to where I ultimately want to end up. I am on a journey, walking a path to a healthier lifestyle not only for me , but for those that I love as well. I want to instill healthy values in my children and I am a firm believer in LEADING BY EXAMPLE. 

How can I expect my kids to be active and eat healthy if I do not? As their mother it is my job to help them learn. I am not saying I won't ever take my kids for ice cream (it is one of my favorite things to do in the summer - ice cream and park play dates ;-)), but I am saying that for the most part I want them to be exposed to healthy living. 

I am on a journey. It is an uphill battle, but I can do it. 

I am embarking on a NEW ADVENTURE and I would love for you to follow along. My blog is all about balancing the many duties that we have in life from working, mothering, homemaking, hobbies, the list goes on and on. It is important to include fitness and healthy nutrition in this as well. I know life is crazy busy, but with a little preparation we can conquer it all!

I am becoming a Beachbody Coach. I am doing this to hold myself accountable to my own fitness and nutrition goals. I am also hoping to help inspire other busy women and moms to do this for themselves. I can't tell you how good it feels to go bed at night and know that I KICKED BUTT TODAY. That Insanity Max: 30 workout was tough and I NAILED IT - ok maybe I just barely made it through, but each day I get stronger and it gets a little easier! That is an amazing feeling. It is more than a number on a scale. 

It is about taking control of my own life.

Over on my Facebook page I will be sharing a sneak peak inside my journey and I hope you come follow along. On my Facebook page I will be sharing:

Inside view into my workouts and menus
Hair and makeup tips for heading back to work after a lunch workout
Organization tips for making each week's goals easier
Inside knowledge on any challenges I will be hosting

Let's conquer our dreams together! 

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)

Oh and you can get outfit details below! :-)




Coat - Jessica Simpson - Old  //  Skirt - Loft - Old  //  Shoes - Target  

Most of these items I have had for ages, but here are similar ones that will give the same look!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...