Sunday, February 22, 2015

Casual Style + My New Favorite Breakfast Recipe

With the Oscars tonight I feel like everyone is getting fancy, well everyone except me. I instead opted for this "mom on the go" uniform I have been wearing non stop lately. It has been SO COLD here in Alabama lately. We have had snow + ice + more ice + melted snow turning into ice and I am losing my mind!

Ice pretty much SHUTS US DOWN. The roads get so hazardous it is hard/dangerous to get to and from work and it makes me a NERVOUS WRECK when having to get my kids out! 

AND they have already delayed our local schools tomorrow 2 hours because we are under ANOTHER WINTER STORM ADVISORY! Ugh!

Anyways, back to the outfit. I wanted so badly to go to the grocery store in my lounge pants + over sized sweater + worn out tennis shoes. Instead I reached for this easy combo of riding boots + tunic + my J Crew Dannie Pants. If you make a point to have  staples in your wardrobe that you can easily mix and match then you easily AND comfortably.  

PS - These cold morning have led to me to discover a new favorite breakfast (not to mention it is super healthy!) Scroll down for details!



Shirt - Target  //  Pants - J Crew //  Boots - Dillards

Shop Similar Here:

So now for my breakfast. Guys this is so simple, but it is AMAZING! Seriously though you have to try it!

PB Oats + Strawberries (or any fruit really)

It is simply oats + 1 tsp peanut butter + fruit.

Easy right? Yet so healthy and even more importantly, so yummy. 

I found this in my 21 Day Fix Extreme meal planner and it was love at first bite. :-)


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog through your guest post on Bri's and it's been fun checking our your life and style in Alabama. It's funny to hear it's cold there. For some reason I always think it's warm, being in the south and all! That breakfast looks great! I'll have to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...