Monday, March 16, 2015

21 Day Fix Approved Chilli

Guys, this chilli is so good! It is the perfect comfort food and is loaded with so much yummy goodness you will never think you could have it while on the 21 Day Fix program! I adapted this for my taste from the 21 Day Fix Extreme recipe guide and I wanted to share the recipe here for all of my 21 day fixers out there!

Before I get to the recipe, please keep in mind that I am not a chef (or food photographer for that matter). I am just a mom sharing what works best for my family!

So here is what you need:
1 lbs lean ground beef  - browned
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can black beans- (I used Bushes Black Beans - Chilli Beans)
1 can kidney beans - (I used Bushes Kidney Beans - Chilli Beans)
1 can crushed tomatoes - I used one of the large cans (I can't remember the oz maybe 32 oz)
1 smaller can of diced tomatoes -  16oz
1 diced onion 
2 gloves diced garlic
1 tbs chilli powder
1 tbs paprika
1 tsp crushed red pepper
salt to taste
1 tsp olive oil

Here is what you do:

1 - saute onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent
2 - add browned ground beef
3 - add crushed tomatoes and diced tomatoes
4 - add salt and pepper and simmer for 5-10 minutes
5 - add in black beans, kidney beans, corn, and seasonings
6 - simmer for 20 - 30 minutes

ADD ENJOY! See easy right? 

Container Equivalent?
This is how I count this per 1 cup serving

1 Red - (lean ground beef)
1 Yellow - (beans & corn)
1/2 green - (tomatoes + onions)

Optional

For a blue container you can add some cheddar cheese and for half a red some plain Greek yogurt.

That my friends is just delicious!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...